Thursday, October 05, 2006

Apparently Golden week..

Stepping back a couple of weeks, Marty came to visit. FOR HIS BIRTHDAY THAT I FORGOT AND HE LACKED TO MENTION! FOOL! (BOTH ME & HIM). We visited a museum of something. The one in people's square (人民广场)here. Nice little exhibits, can't remember the name of the exhibition. Then we went to Barbarossa. (Seen in the background of the picture.) Showed Marty some of the rush and masses of people around and then after a quick tour of my apartment, we had some food. All in all, there wasn't much of a birthday celebration, more of a catch up drink. We should have consumed at least 5 times the alcohol.

So its public holiday week here in China. Don't get me wrong, I love holidays. Especially because I'm going to be really busy when work starts again. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to even write this blog once my projects start rolling for work. (Lets just say initiative is not a strong point here.)

This week I basically am going to waste away in Shanghai. Many reasons why I haven't gone anywhere... I'll regret it. I've had fun spending time with people this week, and not having to go to work, but its not really a holiday as such. Basically my wish to see China, is just not happening... I will have to do something about this soon. Work gives me a measly 7 days off per year, which is nothing short of a joke. So really I need to make the most of my time as well as negotiate more time off. Things that are seemingly so simply, are always so complicated.... and I don't even know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home