Saturday, June 10, 2006

Wynn or Lose

So I've started work as a DJ in Shanghai. New club called WynnWin. I'll leave the name alone shall I. The club is in the shopping centre Plaza 66, real top end stuff. LV, Armani, Boss, blah blah blah. The club is PLUSH. All white, and massive sound system (although technically there are problems with it). Thursday night opening night. 8th of June. HUGE crowd. They sold out of all stock spirits. (And drinks are real expensive, over 100 AUD for a bottle of Vodka.) All tables were booked. In China, you book tables, and each table has a fee or a minimum spend tab. I'm not sure what it is but if you want a table start saving your pennies.
The owner likes Progressive house. Thats fine. But I'm not sure he knows what progressive house IS! So, apparently he has hated all the DJs that have played so far. not sure what he thinks about me, but I don't really care. I found out last night that I can make the same amount of money I make in a month but doing a few nights work for a DJ agency. Thats an eighth of the work for the same money. Wynn or Lose? Lose the residency at Shanghai's most exclusive, Wynn much better pay for less work? Leaning toward the money....:)
More photos if you click on one of the photo links on the right. unfinished and finished versions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home