Sunday, April 09, 2006

Still Groovin'?

So previously I gave you some of my personal song recommendations. Don't know whether anyone listened to them but I'll keep going with it anyway. This time we are going to take a more modern approach. Dimitri from Paris is one of the great DJs of our time. Not only does he DJ well technically, but he knows what music is about. The soul, the groove. His speciality is disco edits. The frenchman has quite a skill in finding gold amongst the one hit wonders and well... crap that formed the Disco era. He then adds his own little touches, lifts the kick (beat), EQs it, drops a few filters and effects and TA DA!!!! Most importantly though, he manages to do this while still leaving the essence of the songs untouched. I've made it sound a little easier than it is so don't under estimate the man's talents. Savvy Bar about 3 years ago, I had the pleasure of listening to one of his sets. This was not long after his "A night after the Playboy Mansion" release. Needless to say he was mind blowing.

His albums include

1 Comments:

Blogger choza said...

Dimitri from Paris rocks!! As do Daft Punk, 2manydjs & krafty kutz!!

Keep the lists comin' - esp the funk, old skool & disco stuff. Yeah I'm showing my age...

10:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home