Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Chicago here we come...

You know how people say its not what you know but who you know? True. Me knowing someone in a significant position and perhaps some luck in the current position I am in has allowed me a trip to the US for the next 4 weeks as of Friday. I won't go in to too much detail, mainly because I don't know much of the details, but lets just say that this whole overseas thing has opened up doors that would have never even be thought of back home. True again that I'm really yet to establish myself here in Shanghai despite of all these "doors", but its definitely something that I won't be forgetting for the rest of my life. So I guess the next post will be from the country of stars and stripes. I've never had much ambition to go to the states, but surely am looking forward to it.

Before I close this one off, here are a couple of songs that you might want to check out.

House tunes or dance tunes are often remakes. Some guy/girl stealing a 16 bar riff from a song written 20 years ago. There are those who do it well and those who are just boring. What you can be sure of though is that if the new release song was a hit, then the old one would be sheer genius. These songs have been stolen by various artists over the years, check them out. See if you recognise them in their original form.

1. Midnight Ryeders - Evil Vibrations (AWESOME track)
2. George Duke - I love you more (Cheesy as ALL hell, but that riff is great.)
3. Bolivar - Merengue
4. Taana Gardner - Heartbeat (little harder to tell what song stole the beat.)
5. Diana Ross - I'm coming out (suspicious title but you definitely recognise it and its damn funky)

Let me know if you want the names of the remixed songs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home